The Navy Clearance Diver Trust
- the Navy Clearance Diver Trust include the Navy Clearance Diver Trust No. 2;
- trustees of the Navy Clearance Diver Trust include the trustee, or the board of the trustee, of the Navy Clearance Diver Trust No. 2 (as the case requires);
- Chairman of the Navy Clearance Diver Trust include the chair of the board of the trustee of the Navy Clearance Diver Trust No. 2; and
- Secretary of the Navy Clearance Diver Trust include the Secretary of the trustee of the Navy Clearance Diver Trust No. 2.
The information we collect
Personal information includes a broad range of information, or an opinion, which identifies an individual or from which an individual is reasonably identifiable in the circumstances. For example, personal information may include, but is not limited to, your name, address and contact details, date of birth, the details about our engagement with you or your enquiries of us, your biographical details, photographs, and financial information. In addition, personal information you provide us may contain ‘sensitive information’. Sensitive information includes health information, racial or ethnic origin, political associations, religious beliefs, trade union membership or associations, sexual orientation or practices, and criminal records.
Types of personal information we collect
We will only collect personal information which is necessary for the purposes of carrying out our functions and activities. The personal information we collect may include:
- general personal or business details such as your name, address, email address, phone number, job title and date of birth of individuals from the following groups:
- current and former serving Clearance Divers;
- supporters and donors of the Navy Clearance Diver Trust;
- service providers and consultants of the Navy Clearance Diver Trust; and
- Beneficiaries and potential Beneficiaries of the Navy Clearance Diver Trust;
- payment details of donors to the extent required to process any payments to the Navy Clearance Diver Trust;
- relevant financial information of Beneficiaries or potential Beneficiaries;
- relevant health information of Beneficiaries or potential Beneficiaries; and
- relevant information about the dependants of Beneficiaries and / or potential Beneficiaries.
How we collect personal information
We may collect personal information from you when:
- you subscribe to one of our online services, newsletters, mailing lists or our website;
- you download from our website;
- you register for or attend one of our events;
- we have other business dealings with you (eg as a supplier to the Navy Clearance Diver Trust);
- you apply for, or register your interest in, a role at the Navy Clearance Divers Trust, including a volunteering position;
- you inquire about our events, our purpose, or about making a donation;
- you make a donation, including a tax deductible donation; or
- you apply for assistance from the Navy Clearance Diver Trust.
We generally endeavour to collect your information directly from you. However, in some circumstances we may collect your information from third parties, such as your employer or contracting organisation, your business contacts or other organisations that you deal with, regulatory or credit reporting agencies, a service provider or from a publicly available record.
We can also collect information about you when you download from our website www.ncdt.org.au. The use of the facilities and services available through our website will determine the amount and type of information we collect. The only personal information we collect when you use our website is what you tell us about yourself. For example, when you send us an email, we will record your email address; when you purchase a ticket to an event or make a donation, we will record the information you provide to us.
How we use your Information
- to establish and maintain your standing as a serving or ex-serving Navy Clearance Diver or as a supporter of the Navy Clearance Diver Trust;
- to provide the programs, assistance, benefits and services you have requested from, or are provided by, the Navy Clearance Diver Trust;
- to answer your inquiry or accept donations or payments from you;
- to progress any application or offer you may make to become involved with the Navy Clearance Diver Trust in any capacity including as a volunteer, trustee, or office holder of the Trust;
- to engage you as a service provider to the Trust;
- to administer our website; or
- for direct marketing and general marketing purposes in relation to our programs, events and the work of the Navy Clearance Diver Trust.
If we contact you by direct marketing, we will provide you with the opportunity to decline any further marketing communications. If you at any time receive any communication from the Navy Clearance Diver Trust which you would not like to receive, please advise us and we will remove your name from our mailing list
To whom do we disclose your personal information?
We may also disclose your personal information to:
- our service providers, agents and contractors from time to time that provide services to us and / or help us to provide and market our services to you; and
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us.
There may be some circumstances where personal information is disclosed to parties outside of Australia. This may include where we engage a third party service provider, such as a data hosting service, located outside of Australia.
Access to your personal information
The Navy Clearance Diver Trust will take reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information which we hold and to keep this information accurate and up to date. If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected. Personal information is generally stored in a secure server or in secure files that are owned and operated by our service providers or held by the Secretary of the Trust.
Some limited personal information required by Trustees to transact the business of the Trust (for example, biographical details of serving or ex-serving Navy Clearance Divers, persons applying to be involved with the Trust or service providers) may from time to time be held in email accounts of individual Trustees.
If you provide us with your credit card information via our website, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) before it is transmitted over the internet to our service provider.
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Additional measures taken to secure sensitive information
Where the Navy Clearance Diver Trust collects personal information from individuals who are seeking assistance from the Navy Clearance Diver Trust that is also sensitive information, we take additional protective measures. These include:
- storing the sensitive information securely and restricting access to it;
- not identifying the person to whom the sensitive information relates when matters involving assistance and/or the support of the Trust are brought to the trustees of the Navy Clearance Diver Trust for consideration; and
- limiting access to sensitive information which identifies an individual to the following trustees:
- the Chairman of the Trust;
- the Secretary of the Trust;
- the President of the Royal Australian Navy Clearance Divers Association; and
- in the case of a currently serving Navy Clearance Diver, the Captain MCD.
We will endeavour to handle complaints in a timely, effective, fair and consistent manner. If you think that we have failed to resolve a complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Contact: NCDT Secretary
Phone: +61 439 946 028
All information © 2021
Navy Clearance Diver Trust